Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Not a story but real ..

Not a story but real ..

This is the true story,

hold your seat....

3rd december 2005 - I got fever 2dy. no preparation. i slept from
morning till 12. and i was much shivering and no aim to prepare.
i slept nicely today


4th december 2005 - I reached anna university. i was much kool with no intention or aim and i hav no idea that i l get thru

the apts round.

i was in 3rd batch and the batch was called at 4.00 pm

4.00 pm - question paper was given to me. ganesh(my friend) was behind me.

4.00 pm onwards - i satrted to do apts and managed to do 7 prblms and it took abt 25 mints for me.

after that it was announced that we hav jst 30 mints to go.

with tension i shifted my concentration to C. i go 28 ryt and 2 i was not sure. it took abt 30 mints.

4.55 pm - ganesh(my friend) asked the hr whether ther is -ve marking. i herd that and with nervous i answered all the

question randomly within 5 mints. (chumma randoma tick pannen).

5th december 2005

00.45 am - i got a call that i got selected in gd.i was asked to chek the mail.

6.00 am - i checkd the mail. i was askd to report ther by 10.30 am.


10.40 am - i m in anna university. that tim 8.30 batch was called ther.


2.00 pm - i was called for gd. my batch was 37 and my no was 5.

4.30 pm - we were given a paper to write a passage. the topic was
"why Caritor shud recruit me"

i wrote blah....blah.... blahh....


lunch brek


5.30 pm - i was in gd. my topic "Education system in India"


i talked blah... blah... blah....


5.40 pm - hr reported that i got selected.


after that i went to a room were many people wre preparing for technical round. no one was IT brach. all are ECE,EEE branch

student so no company to study..

6.00 pm - in that i found 1 group preparing C,C++ - i mixed up with them

7.00 pm - i found 1 group of gals preparing for dbms,DS as usual mixed up with them too...

7.30 pm - i was called for technical interview

A wonderful HR madam was der

madam: Tell me abt urself
me: blah.........

madam:tell about osi layer after knowing that i did my project in networking
me: explained...in my way..

madam:what you know abt C
me: i know C that i kno...

madam:write a progrm to reverse a string without strrev() function
me: wrote but without finding the length.

madam: write a program to find the length of this string without strlen() function
me: wrote...

madam: puzzles

"a says that her age is 51. b says that her age is 29 plus half of her age"

me: (worked out n mind nd said...)her age is 29

madam:r u sure....
me: (worked in paper nd got the answer as 58) 58,mam

madam: another puzzle

"you have 5 litre jar and 3 litre jar u hav to measure 4 litre"

me: explained the sequence...

madam:what is a pointer
me: explained

madam: (continuous firing....)
difference between pointer & array,pointer & structure,pointer & union

me: somewht explained...

madam:what is malloc()
me: dynamic memory allocation

madam: what is calloc()
me: messed... and said....not sure abt the answer,mam

madam:what is difference between structure and union
me:explained clearly..

madam:waht is difference between structure and class
me:told 2 points

madam: 1 main difference is there ,tell me that.
me: after yosiching... this is C and this is C++

madam: laughed...

madam: do u know dbms..
me:somewhat...

madam:write a query to select the name of the employee from emp table whose name starts with "john"

me: "SELECT * from emp where name = "JOHN" + * "

madam: are you sure that + comes here...?
me: sure,mam

madam: what is function overloading
me:function with same name and different arguments

madam:is function overloading an OOPS concept??
me:ya

madam: sure abt your answer..
me:yes

madam: can it be applied to c
me:no mam

madam:why??
me:sins it exhibits oops concept and it canot be applied to c sins C lacks OOPS

madam:what abt printf then, you can give different argument in printf then how can you say that function overloading is OOPs

concept
me:as far as i kno, function overloadingf is OOPS

madam:do you have any questions to ask??
me:is this a HR round??

madam: no
me: k thanks mam , where can i wait.

madam: wait in the auditorium.
me:k mam

8.10 pm - getting inside HR (fat north guy)

HR: what kind of hair style is this man
me: its mother sentiment sir..


HR: what??
me: mther prayed to god that she will giv my hair if i got a job

HR: k thats fin, did your mother prayed for your beard also???
me: no its a trendy,fashion thing sir.

HR:what is Thatheri in your name(after seeing my resume expansion
of TK vinod)
me: its my fathers hous name sir.

HR:whrs your native..
me:kerala,kannur

HR: what language u talk in home
me: tamil sir

HR:and your mother tongue..
me:malayalam

HR:what???
me: dont know malayalam sir

HR:do you stay at this address,old mahabalipuram road??
me:obviously (in an exclamatory way)

HR: whts obvious abt dat? you cud hav stayed with you frends also kno
me:???

HR:whats your favourite topic to speak?
me:abt my father

HR:can your father be a topic??
me:no sir but i lik to talk abt my father

HR:proceed
me:spoke.... konjam poi... konjam nijam

HR:do you have gal fends
me: i hav frends........(he smiled)...... hu are gals

HR:are you working currently..
me:yes sir in XCavn corporate solutions

HR:whats your salary
me:5000 sir

HR: k you got selected in Caritor, when can you join
me: in a week

HR: y not 2morrow
me: i have to report and i was bound 2 company formalities sir

HR: k u take 1 month also no hurry, ur joining date willl be around jan 12th
me: k sir

HR:explained salary details & other details

HR: location preference??
me:??...same as my permenant address

HR: i asked abt your loccation preference..
me:oh k.

HR: do u kno wher caritor is
me: s sir,chennai and banglore

HR: is that ok
me:yes sir

HR:overseas
me:anywhere sir..

HR:afganisthan is ok for you ah??
me: i hav to consult my parents

HR:y u need decide f your own na..
me:90% is ok sir but 10% i need to consult my parents

HR:k abt your language preference..
me:C is k for me sir

HR:we dont hav C projects
me:?? vb, vb.net sir..

HR:we dont hav microsoft projects also..
me: k atlest os based linux or else

HR:no we dont do thos projects
me: k giv me an range of option sir, i will pic 1 for me

HR: you are talking too much(with a smile..)
me:??

HR:k we do mainframe projects, is dat ok for you
me: sure sir

HR:can i write in here that your flexible
me:ya write as much flexible sir

Hr:its not much flexible, its very flexible
me:k sir

HR: k do you hav any questions to ask
me:how caritor differ from other company

HR: i will tell you when you join
me: k sir

me:k tanx by sir

HR:(holding my hair..kudumi) i shud not see this again
me:sure sir

i came out as a CARITORion...

moral of the experience: till the last moment i stayed cool,bold and confident...

No comments: